Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sewing Projects

So, everything seems to be going smoothly... Normal days with normal chores and normal moments. :) It's actually quite nice, really... Like I'm getting into the swing of things again. :) (Though, with school so near, I'm sure it will start swinging a different way again. Lol.)

Finally broke out the machine. :D Sewing machine, that is, and things are moving smoothly. After 3 hours (ish, not really keeping track, it's whenever I can), I have almost 1 full kimono done. :) It's the same color pink as one I've seen a picture of Shii-Tsuu wearing, which makes me happy, but I've had to alter the pattern a few times as I went, so it's a little wonky. That's okay, but still. I hope only a small amount of people will want these in the store, lol. Though, I already had one person like the picture within 10 minutes of me posting it to the page's wall on Facebook. Lol.

I've also picked out the color pallet for the Steampunk Full-Set, the design that WON part one of the contest. Lol. The set will be made up of a blouse, stockings, a vest, and a skirt, I drew chains in the picture, but I'm unsure if I want to add them or just let the person who wins/orders add them. Oh, I DO plan on selling the set in-store for those who do not win and want one, but the set will be limited thanks to two of my fabrics being out of production. Lol. The camera doesn't do them justice, but what camera does? The dark brown will be the skirt, the striped brown will be the vest, the dotted cream will be the blouse, and the plain cream will be the stockings. :) All the patterns are made, I just need to cut things out and get a move on with them. Lol.

Rolly's Wig. CDW-44, Honey Delf (Cream)
Finally ordered Rolly's wig and eyes... And ordered 'Bina's (Tdelia's) wig as well. (LUTS's shipping is expensive, so I decided to just get everything in one go...) I should get on with Fallen's head and wig soon too... Before I forget about her completely. Lol. Galenia (Gela), being my extra, will have to wait, but she already has a place, she's Fallen's daughter. :) Actually thinking 3-Demensionally with 'Bina is making me rethink how I dressed her as a child... I now know more about Egyptian clothing than I did, and I know that she would have been wearing a tunic or kilt, not harem pants... So things may need to be altered before she truly becomes mine again. :)

Daydreams... That's the best thing about this hobby... The dreaming and creating of a character. This is literally the epitome of artistry. Taking a blank doll or a doll you sculpt, painting it, making it's clothes and shoes, and turning it into a real work of art, a person to the point where it has everything but a soul... It's just wonderful... I've never had a hobby make me as happy as this one has... And I'm so grateful to my fiancee for getting me started. :) He truly is the perfect person for me... Supporting and encouraging everything I do, no matter what. He's a great man and a wonderful father, and I don't think I could ever ask for more. :) Those of you reading this may think I'm getting mushy, but this is my true person, this is how I act... And it's the only way I know how to say it. :)

Completely loving life right now. ♥

Thanks for reading~! See you again soon!
- The BJD Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment