Thursday, July 12, 2012

The BJD Addict

Hello and welcome back to the latest entry to the Ball-Jointed Baby. :D As you can see, today's topic is "The BJD Addict". Let's read on to find out what's going on!:

I now know more than enough sites to acquire BJDs from... Wigs from... Eyes from... And clothes from... I even have favorites! But, at this point, I'm becoming a bit of an addict. I currently have 56 pins on my Ball-Jointed Doll Board on Pinterest... I own 4 of those 56... Everyone else is a hope or a dream... Or, in Tdelia and Gela's cases, a "soon enough"... One of my fellow BJD lovers, a lady from Ohio, like myself, giggled at me today and told me I may need an intervention. XD (We all do, but still... ) So, I am taking the first step... Hi. I'm Shelby, and I'm a BJD Addict. The BJD Addict. Lol. I think I might need to make that mine. XD

Tan Tdelia - Source: BJDCollecstasy
Let's see... I currently have 11 1/3rd-sized, 9 1/4th-sized, 28 1/6th-sized, and 5 1/12th-sized BJDs on my list.... @_@ Less than half of them have names to be, so I don't know who will be, who wont be, but I still think I want a good chunk of those for sure. >w< I have figured out who Tdelia and Gela will be, though, Tdelia will be tan and a character I created when I was 12, and Gela will be DIMdoll Flowne's daughter. :) I think they work perfectly in those two places. ♥

I really want to find a doll that matches a character that I created when I was 5 or 6, 'Bie. ('[name] is for the sake of using a nickname) She started out in a wheelchair, but was able to walk after about 4 years of relearning. She was my first character... But she'd have to be 58cm like Tdelia's character to be 'Bina... They aren't for the same thing, but they are best of friends in my head. :) Silly child dreams... They seem so far away...

I've decided to make a Page on here that has all my favorite links to all my favorite BJD-store sites. :) It will help me stay organized and might help those looking for a good starter list. My first doll came from Junky Spot, my second from Denver Doll, and I plan on buying from Mint on Card... After a few weeks of research, I just figured out those are the ones to stick with. :) And many ppl say MoC has a great 6 month layaway plan! >w< (I have yet to partake in this.) But, anywho, I figured that would be something nice for me to do. :3

Still working on the Aimi doll tutorial. @_@ This is taking forever, I know, but Japanese isn't my first or second language. Lol. So I'm working the best that I can. >w< (Too bad it's not in Chinese, I might do better. Lol.) So, if you're really looking forward to it, I hope to have it up within the next month or so. :)

I guess that's all for now... Still working out moving to the fiancee's house... :\ And a bit of sewing and no writing... The pictures for the 'Like's Contest Designs are up on BJB's Facebook page if you had wanted to place your vote! :) Please make sure you 'Like' the page too if you actually wanted to be able to GET the set once the actual contest starts. :)

Thanks for reading~!
-The BJD Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment