Wednesday, June 20, 2012

College Hell and the 'Like's Contest

I did it, as of today I am currently once again a full-time student. I have decided on taking 12 credit hours this semester (Fall 2012), but have to hurdle a financial aid blunder. This is the first time I've ever received financial aid, but apparently, I qualified for my school to buy my books for me for my first two semesters. They didn't notify me until AFTER I bought my books for the second semester. (So after roughly $700 in books had been purchased for the year.) But this year, I'm fighting for it, I'm determined to go back to school and make something of myself. I don't want my children feeling like they can't overcome anything in their lives, and this is a sure way to let them know. (I know I only have one child, but by the time I'm officially a Chinese Translator, I may have more. Lol.)

FL LF Rolly - 25cm
Oooh! And Rolly should be in America soon!! :D Denver Doll Emporium sent me an email saying that Fairyland is shipping their March orders to them soon, so Rolly should be joining them (even tho I ordered her on the 3rd of April, she's basic, so they can just box her up and send her). I'm so excited!! XD She's going to be wigless (and face-up less) for a bit, so I'll just have to dress her and keep her happy. >w< Lol. Hopefully she and C.C. will like one another. :) (Yes, those of you reading and thinking I'm crazy, it's possible for BJD to not like one another. Ex: If you set them down together and they just don't LOOK right. - OR - If you pose them together and they keep falling over. Just go with it, they don't like each other. Lol.)

So, I was thinking about making a contest for a Share and Win event. I'm currently sketching designs for 6 different full-set outfits. I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with the one's I'm currently sketching or make up some new ones, but I DO enjoy the idea of a contest... Especially now that I can use the sewing machine properly. Lol. I was thinking about making it go until we get 100 'Like's but we may reach that before I have the designs finished, posted, and voted on, so I'm thinking 150 'Like's should do the trick nicely. :) I already have a School Uniform, Shinto Priestess, Gothic Lolita, a Japanese Goddess, and a Steampunk outfit. I have 4 out of 6 designs mocked... I don't like my last two ideas, so I'm asking on my page. So far, a pirate outfit, a Victorian outfit, and a sundress set have been suggested, but we'll see which one's turn out the best.The outfits are only for females, but hopefully, soon enough, a good friend of mine will get the male MSD-sized doll she's had her heart set on for a while now, and I can make male ones too. >w<

ALSO! GREAT NOTE! I got a job! XD My friend is starting his electronics business and made me the Director of Operations and the Director of Finance (C.O.O. and C.F.O.). He's such a great person with a wonderful personality, and I'm so blessed to know him. He didn't even interview me or anything, he just asked me if I'd like to work for him, let me arrange my hours to fit my schedule, and gave me two jobs. T-T I'm so unbelievably grateful. So hey, if you are in Ohio and looking for a SmartPhone or iPad for a decent price, come visit our FB page: Wireless My Way. It has all our details, prices, and items. :)

My bald lady. Lol.
And, C.C.'s eyes from the AMAZING Ersa Flora came in yesterday! Poor Ersa Flora fell sick during all her orders, so she took longer than she wanted to (not that I cared at all, I just kept wishing her good health :( she was so miserable). She ended up packaging 3 extra pairs of eyes for me, making all 4 eyes she designed for me to pick which set I liked in person! XD I was so surprised to unwrap them all to find FOUR DIFFERENT designs, and all of them the ones she was showing me via email on paper. When she said she was giving two pairs of extra eyes to each person in the same size, I figured she'd just toss two random pairs in there, not go through the trouble of making every mocked pair she designed for me and sending me 3 extra pairs instead!! x_x I was so jittery when I saw them all I nearly cried! Please excuse the baldness and eyebrow-less-ness, I just wanted a shot of her eyes without her bangs in the way and I have yet to have time to finish painting her face-up. Lol.

Last, but certainly not least, I managed to snag a Doll-Zone December 2010 Limited Nono from The Junky Spot. XD He/She is SOOOO CUUUUTE!!! And I feel so lucky!! He/She should fit Kelly doll clothes from Mattel Barbie's Little Sister Kelly. Lol. I currently cannot find any sz 4 wigs I like in a boys style, so Nono may end up as a girl with magenta hair from Fairyland. Lol. But no idea. >w< So! Time to dig out those old Barbies and see what I got. Lol. Hey, maybe they are worth something now. >w< I searched Google for my Ginger Spy Doll, couldn't find a thing! She might be limited, for all I know! XD And apparently, she was African American to begin with, instead of a curly red-headed woman with freckles. Lol.

Well, that's all for now. :D

Thanks for reading!~ ♥


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Rolly is adorable. :D Do you have an idea of her name/personality yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! >w< Actually, I do. :) She's going to be my tiny minime. :) Her name will be Shelbie-chan. Lol. The first time I saw a BJD, she was that person's minime. There's more info on who she will be in the Doll Page link at the top of the blog if you wanted to know more. :)
      Thanks for reading! And for following! :D ♥

      Delete