Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sewing and BJD Research

Aimi Doll
Happy Children's Day~~!!!

So, as of right now, I am continuing finishing touches and perfections on the t-shirt, yoga pants, and the tank top dress; and I'm still messing with the pattern for a school-girl skirt... I'm not too sure how to go about it... Any suggestions are welcome!! >.<

I keep researching all I can about BJD... Like EVERYTHING... I now know all types of BJD inside and out. Lol. It made me want to learn how to make one, but I found it very difficult to find a good site with the right tutorial. I finally, after about an hour and a half of researching, came upon an all-Japanese site: Aimi Doll - How To with the right tutorial. If nothing else, after going through it, it makes me want to translate it. >w< And maybe I'll learn some more Japanese after it all. :3 The doll it depicts is a very beautiful sculpt, but, from what I can see, it is a VERY large doll. Many of the pictures show a leg or arm in the hand of the artist, and the piece is bigger than the fingers!! It's HUGE!!! And I don't mean SD huge, I mean like a SUPER SD or something; big enough to sit on a chair and look like a small child! >w<

But anywho, things are sewing smoothly, life is going well, and Kole is talking more everyday. He's so wonderful. >w< Being a mother is truly the best and most important thing in my life. It's amazing. :) ♥ Today, every time I said, "I," he would repeat it, perfectly and clearly; then I would go onto say, "love," and he would smile a big smile, giggle, and say, "Love Daddy!" He's 13 months old!!! Where has my little baby gone?! >.< He's such a big boy now! He even wears 18 month clothing already! It's nuts!!

The finished Aimi Doll.
I truly cannot wait until I have a more "store-like" store going on Etsy. I really want it to be like a "one stop shop" for MSD-sized BJD one day. My girlfriend is planning on purchasing an Island Doll Shukaku, who is technically Wallace's "brother", so I will soon enough have a model for male clothing! >w< It's actually very exciting! :3 He will be the first resin doll I have ever actually touched. >w< Now, don't get me wrong, I've SEEN resin dolls before, like from a foot away, but I've never TOUCHED one. Lol. I literally have no idea how much they weigh in one's hands. It makes me want Rolly even more. >.< ♥

Well, until next time, thanks for reading everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. If you use Google Chrome to open the page, it will translate it to English for you. ;)

    Loretta
    Fantasy Art Guild

    ReplyDelete