Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Things My Mind is Stuck On

Oh goodness, hello again! :) It seems I will have time to get more than one entry this month.

As you can see, this entry shall be dedicated to those things that I just can't stop thinking about. I mean, seriously, they wont leave my head! So please, bear with me while I gush...

Thing 1: Doctor Who
For the last few weeks, I've been watching Doctor Who and all related things when Kole's asleep for the night and I'm finished with homework. I don't normally watch television, so it was a nice little wind-down after a long day, something I wasn't really used to doing. So now, my FaceBook wall has been all things Whovian for the past month or more, driving my mother mad. She hates it when I get stuck on something.

Thing 2: The Twins
Remember from a super old entry, I talked about two BlueFairy dolls I wanted? The boy and girl version of Choice Leila? Well, they stopped production on the size I wanted (though, they allow the option from the new size), and made them closer to Rolly's size. Now, I can't stop thinking about them. I've wanted them for about 7 months now, and they're just creeping into my mind as often as they can. Lol. Hanna and Hazel... My first little family I created doll-wise. At their new size, they are even more precious, which might be why I can't stop thinking about them, but still, they are a VERY big want currently. Someone tell my fiancee, I already wrote my Christmas list! >w< ♥ It's a very expensive Christmas list, but that's to be expected with BJD. >w< At least two smaller dolls are still cheaper than one large doll.

Thing 3: The Winter Holiday Season
Thanks to my younger sister, I am also stuck on that holiday that comes in the wintertime. For my family and some friends: it's Christmas, for some of my friends: it's Kwanzaa or Hanukkah, for me: it's Yule/The Winter Solstice. My sister wanted to put the tree up LAST TUESDAY! So she and her betrothed (he got her a promise ring, but no engagement yet, they want to finish college) put up a tiny, 2 foot tree on the mantel of our fireplace. It's adorable and has white lights, and white and red bulbs. Which made me decide that I want red and white this year, instead of my usual blue and silver, though I DO love blue and silver during winter. >w< I can't help myself!

Thing 4: Sewing a Yo-SD Winter Outfit
Since I am stuck on the holidays, I decided to make Rolly a new outfit. It's a prototype for my Yo-SD clothing line, but the first copy will be my spoiled little girl's. Lol. I don't really play favorites, I just think it's because she's the first doll that is coming out right when I attempt to make her look like I want. Lol. It's an awful photo (she did NOT want her picture taken whatsoever!), but this is her new dress. I made socks (not the ones pictured) and I'm currently working on the shirt that goes with it, but I'm having a lot of trouble with it. The sleeves just refuse to turn out properly. :( It's going to be a turtleneck, a nice white one, but we'll see if it even works. I may need to go buy more of the white fabric and just start over. I was using scraps from all the stockings I made (or practiced with).

Thing 5: Life
Thing five is mostly schoolwork and the house. I'm all nervous about failing school or about making the house World War III. -_- It's just not making for a fun time right now. I'm currently making three As and a B, but it's taking a lot out of me. This is the first time that I'm almost straight As in school, and it's come with online classes, where I can pay attention, but there is TONS more work to do with each class. And tons of housework I have to do by myself because everyone's logic is, "She's home with Kole while we're gone all day, the mess must be hers." So I do my best each day, and then the logic is, "She does nothing while we're gone all day!" -_- Yeah... Okay... Great... Thanks guys. Love you too! ♥

But anywho, thanks for reading. :) I hope to have more info on the Dolpa with my next post, but no promises. I can only give what is out and available.

Until next time~!
♥ The BJD Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment